Color is the key to creating both organized and eye-catching visual notes. But many people often find it overwhelming, and there’s a myriad of ways color can become overly confusing and complex. Join an Ink Factory artist for a 90-minute workshop on our best practices for incorporating color into your notes.
Learning the basics of color can improve your visual note-taking skills, or help you improve your handwritten notes for work, school, and life. This workshop is for people who want to learn this foundational concept of visual note-taking; we won’t be teaching other skills essential to taking visual notes.
If you’ve already taken our visual note-taking 101 or Brainstorming workshops, this workshop will be a good way to further develop your note-taking skills.
Please note for this workshop there are several exercises that require either a printer or a digital drawing tablet to complete worksheets.
Something to draw on:
- Can be a sketchbook, or loose paper, but make sure you have a lot of blank pages to work with.
- The bigger, the better, but make sure your page is at least 8.5"x11.”
- A digital tablet also works, but we don't speak to how to use those during the workshop
Markers to draw with:
- A smaller, fine tip marker
- A larger, chisel tip marker
- A larger, bullet tip marker
- Color markers that won’t bleed when used with your black markers (one light color, one medium color, and one dark color are suggested).
- Correction tape
Dry-erase boards will work well in place of paper, but make sure you have enough makers with plenty of ink.
No refunds are available for recording purchases, but if you are unhappy with your purchase or are experiencing technical difficulties, please email email@example.com.
90 min | $59 $44
Workshops are now 25% off the original recording price!
This is a recording of a live workshop. The recording is streamable for 30 days after purchase. Once played, you have 72 hours to view the recording.
You'll also receive:
- A worksheet PDF that pairs with the exercises in the recording
- An image file containing our favorite color palettes
- A visual notes-style recap of the workshop
"Thank you for having such a great, inviting vibe! I just LOVE how authentic your team is, and so informative!"
Color for visual notes participant