More Productive Meetings
Want to better engage your people during long meetings? Visual notes will help you switch people’s focus from their phones and laptops to what’s actually being discussed. In this 3-hour workshop, we’ll give you some basic skills to get you started taking visual notes in meetings.
We’ll give you the lowdown on composition, handwriting, listening, and basic visuals. We’ll also help you figure out what kind of visual notes make the most sense for different kinds of meetings, like brainstorms or strategy sessions. And we’ll give you some tips for how you can still make the most of visual notes while everyone is still working remotely.
When you can take visual notes in meetings, you’ll be able to engage your colleagues with the power of visual communication. The benefits of taking visual notes for meetings include:
- Allowing team members to feel heard when they see their ideas represented
- Make better connections between ideas, and see patterns emerge
- Better remember what was discussed after the meeting with an easy-to-read visual
- Spark more ideas in an organized way during brainstorming sessions
- Draw a clear plan in strategy sessions
- Easily annotate with follow up items and assign tasks
We’ll be speaking to and demonstrating drawing both on paper and digitally–the foundational skills for note-taking in meetings is the same whether you’re drawing virtually or analog. You don’t need previous experience with visual notes to participate. If you’ve taken our Visual Note-Taking 101 or Brainstorming workshops, this workshop will be a good way to hone your skills and practice fundamentals.
Couldn't attend live? Purchase the recording
If you missed the live workshop, you can purchase a recording of the workshop that will be available for you to view for up to 2 months. The recording will not be available to download or share.
To purchase a recording for $199, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll be teaching this workshop with accessible materials in mind.
Something to draw on:
- Can be a sketchbook, or loose paper, but make sure you have a lot of blank pages to work with.
- The bigger, the better, but make sure your page is at least 8.5"x11.”
Black markers to write with:
- Correction tape
- Color markers that won’t bleed when used with your black markers (one light color, one medium color, and one dark color are suggested).
Dry-erase boards will work well in place of paper, but make sure you have enough makers with plenty of ink.
If you have experience with and want to use a drawing tablet, you are welcome to, but know that it may be more difficult for you to share your work out with the group unless you have an easy way to screen share from your device.
You may request a full refund for the workshop up to 7 days before the date of the workshop. Please keep in mind that our payment processing company keeps a non-refundable fee of $6.72 for selling tickets, and that amount is not refundable. Tickets purchased are not transferable to other workshops.
Questions? Email email@example.com. We're here to help!
Visual Note-Taking for (Virtual) Meetings
3 hours | $199
This workshop has passed. You can purchase the recording to view for 2 months.
To purchase a recording for $199, please email Lindsay@inkfactorystudio.com.